Sunday, May 16, 2010

Arbor Day Contest

Every Year Murray City Does and Arbor day art contest. All the kids in the Elementary and pre-school get to participate. They turned in their painted, drawn, colored pictures to the city and they choose one person from every grade from every school. Then the take about 10 from the 50+ students and see who would win at a City level. If they win at City level they plant a tree in the City with a plaque of the students name and year they won. Well Parker won the contest from his school and he won at a city level. He has a tree planted in his name at the nature center in Murray. It was a really neat thing and he was really excited. They had a big program for all the winner and presented them with awards and had a big lunch for them and the parents. We took him over to see his tree and he asked where the shovel was? I asked him why? He said "We need to dig it out so I can take it home." It was pretty funny. We explained that is had to stay there but we could come back and see it whenever we wanted to. Here are some pictures. It was a really really cold day so we don't have a ton.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

That is so cool! What a great thing for him to participate in and win. :) I bet you were one proud mama!

Whitney said...

You can bet I was one proud mama!!! I was all smiles while he was be awarded!!!!

Angela said...

WOW!!! That is is Awesome!! he is quite the little artist.