Thursday, May 01, 2014

There is a mouse in the house!

I can't believe that it is already may. Boy has it been a crazy month for us. We had a little bit of a disaster happen and now it is over I can blog about it? With all the construction around this place we somehow had a Family of Mice move in our house!! That is correct you heard me MICE!!! It was the worst week of my life!! Anybody that know me knows that I am deathly afraid of mice. It all started when Bryan went in to get his bedtime snack. Next thing I hear is him yelling to get his shoes. A mouse had just run by his foot and behind our 5 gallon rice bucket in the pantry!  He was freaking out, because if anybody knows Bryan they know that he feels the same about mice that I do. It was quite a show with me on the counter and him with his broom in hand ready to kill the mouse. After a long time of hitting our rice bucket into the corner and seeing the gross nasty mouse poke his head out a few times we pulled the bucket out. Well Bryan and his broom did the job the sucker was a goner!!! So we set 17 mouse traps hoping and praying he was the only one. Nope We caught 8 of his little friends.

One of the little mouse friend decided to get stuck in the trap and not die. Me, Maelie and Jentry had come home from being at the school and I was going to fix them lunch. Maelie said "Mom I hear a noise". I told her to go into my room and that is was probably my keys. Well I head back to the kitchen to see the mouse trap moving around my stove. I freaked out, told the girls to get in the car and that we were going out to eat. I called Bryan told him to take the next few days off of work until we could get rid of them. (That didn't happen) We got lunch, picked Parker up from school and headed home. I told Parker to run in the house and see if he could see if the mouse was still in the trap. He opens the door and the mouse and trap run across my floor! We slam the door and call my dad. He came and saved the day by picking up the trap and dropping the mouse in a trash can and took it away!!

The mouse that broke the camels back was on Saturday night I was getting a folder out of the entertainment center for my church lesson and I hear something moving around. I yell for Bryan and he comes running and hears the noise too. He grabs the trusty old broom and starts moving things and we notice that the mouse has eaten a hole in my week old carpet. Now I was not scared, I was mad. In fact at this same time an earthquake had shaken the valley and we didn't feel it because we were making an earthquake of our own trying to get that dumb mouse. Well needless to say I call the exterminator and we haven't seen one since!! Thanks goodness!! It was a week full of sleepless nights and not even wanting to be home!! Bryan gets embarrassed when we talk about it because he thinks people will think we are dirty, but if you know my husband he is a clean freak and there is nothing dirty about our house. Like the exterminator said, " We just had some bad luck".  We have lived her 10 years and nothing, but we start to remodel and they found their way in!! Well I am happy to say good bye to our mouse family!!! And on to finish our house!


Bryan and his broom

Me on the counter!







0 comments: