Friday, June 17, 2011

I about had a Heart Attack!!!

When I saw this!!!





This is what happens when boys have pillow fights on the bed. The other one flips off and hits his head on a stool. Poor Parker, scared the living daylights out of me. This is the first big bloody experience I have had, and if I do say so myself I actually stayed pretty calm. I was feeding the baby when I hear a loud piercing scream and then I see Parker standing at my door. He wasn't crying and I didn't see the blood (at first), so I said what did you do to Carson? He said nothing we were having a pillow fight and he hit me with the pillow. He then turned to face Carson and I saw it (the bloody mess) and started to inwardly freak. I was like a pillow can't do that to your head what happened and he said he was hit by the pillow and flipped off the bed. Poor Carson he was so scared and crying so hard you would have thought it was him.Parker started to turn pale and blood was dripping everywhere. I have never seen so much blood.  Head wounds are the worst. I called my neighbor and she ran over with her family and saved the day. I gave her the baby and her husband put Parker in the car and we were off to the Dr. I called the Dr on the way and they said if he needed stitches we would need to take him to primary's so he could be sedated. Well at this time I didn't even know if the cut was that big so I called my mom and she met me to check it out, we ended up taking him back to her work and cleaning it all up. He had a pretty good gash and probably could have used 1 or 2 stitches but it had stopped bleeding and since it was on the back of the head we decided against it. Today you wouldn't have even know he hit his  head. His hair covers it but if you lift up the hair you can see the pretty little scab. It was and eventful day and I hope to not have a day like this for a long time. But boys will be boys and so I can probably count on it!!!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I've been there! A couple times! I know the instant heart attack kind of feeling. I'm glad he's ok and didn't need the stitches. Head wounds, I've since discovered, bleed like crazy, even from the tiniest little wounds. So you'd think I wouldn't freak out as much, but NOPE! Panic sets in each time!

Whitney said...

Yeah tell me about it. It was a heart stopping moment. Glad you comment on my blog I was starting to think nobody read it anymore!!! Just kidding, but I do like to read comments. Maybe I need to start commenting on others as well!!